- Mention three fun facts that your fans maybe don’t know about you
Hmm … I have met Stan Lee, I have everything Hank Williams recorded, and I am left-handed!
- When did you know that you wanted to become an author?
Maybe when I was six years old and wrote books at home, with front pages and everything. The first one was called The Diving Man.
- How long have you been writing? And what started it?
Since I was six … I guess it started with having a lot of books around me, and comic books! And a lot of people who read, both to me and on their own. I must have realised that writing was something you could do for a living.
- Who discovered you? (Did you contact publishing houses? How was the process?)
I wrote a poetry book for small children and sent it to a publishing house, Eriksson & Lindgren, and they published it! They had published two books illustrated by Emma Adbåge and she got the job to illustrate the collection.
- How many books have you published (so far)? And which genre?
I have published 60 books. A lot of easy to read-books for different ages, and novels for the middle graders, and poetry books.
- Why this story? What made you choose this specific theme?
I like to write about love and friendship. And I had already written a book about the Skogsbingel school, and wanted to use it for another story. I had also already written a book with the love god Cupid as a make believe character, and was wondering: What if he really existed …?
- What inspires you to write? Which authors have inspired you? (Music, art, things in life?)
Mostly comic books … Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel are two favorites. But also books which have the same themes I write about myself. I love music and going to the movies.
- What is the message of your book? How should the reader interpret it?
I just want the reader to have fun while reading it.
- How do you identify with the character(s) in your book?
I think about how I was when I was twelve, and how I (and my classmates) reacted to different kind of things.
- What are you currently reading?
Meg Rosoff’s How I live now.
- Mention 3 book titles that you wish to recommend
The Master and Margarita, Moominvalley in November and the first collection of the Ms. Marvel comic book, No normal.
- When is your next book going to be published?