OMKRING BOGEN Fuck verden
1. Mention three fun facts that your fans maybe don’t know about you
I have played the flute in a band, when I was younger.
I did once own mudskippers. They did not get a long life, poor things. I bought them in an other city, and the airport staff made me send them throug the x-ray scanner. They died shortly after.
I am a sweet tooth. I eat way to much candy, especially when writing.
2. When did you know that you wanted to become an author?
Since second or third grade, I think. I’ve allways loved to come up with stories.
3. How long have you been writing? And what started it?
I have allways been writing, but I started “seriously” when I was nineteen, and had finished school.
4. Who discovered you? (Did you contact publishing houses? How was the process?)
I contacted nearly every publishing house in Norway. I worked on Fuck verden for about eight years. I wrote and rewrote. Finally Schibsted said “yes”. I was so happy, I could not believe it!
5. How many books have you published (so far)? And which genre?
I have published two books so far. The second book was much easier to write than the first. It took about one year. Bouth of my books are for youths. The second book, Nærmere kommer vi ikke, is a loose follow up to Fuck verden. It is about Jens who is unhappily in love with Niklas (in Fuck verden). He travels to his uncles where he hopes to be able to relax his mind. But uncel Phil and uncel Torstein just have one plan for the summer, to arrange the little town’s first gay pride. Jens feel uncomfortable. This summer Jens meets Edor. Edor is his polar opposite. Edor is cool. He has a girlfriend. But does Edor feel anything for Jens?
6. Why this story? What made you choose this specific theme?
I love people who is not like everyone else. I think everybody feels strange and odd at some time. And books can hjelp them see that it is OK to be whoever you are. I also love books for teens. It is a time in your life when everything is very intense. And it is not just yong people who can recognise them self in the YA books. YA book is for everyone who is or has been young.
7. What inspires you to write? Which authors have inspired you? (Music, art, things in life?)
I write best when I listen to music. It has to be music that fit the mood of what I am writing.
Authors that inspires me are Neil Gaiman, Jon Ewo, Per Nilsson
8. What is the message of your book? How should the reader interpret it?
Dare to be you! Dare to be different! Different is cool!
9. How do you identify with the character(s) in your book?
There are things of me in all of my characters, some more than other.
10. What are you currently reading?
I am currently reading Orientekspressen – en vårreise by Torbjørn Færøvik
11. Mention 3 book titles that you wish to recommend
I recommend to read The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáens
12. When is your next book going to be published?
My next book is due in September. Here I tie up the loose ends from book one and two.